Friday 1 October 2010

About Me

I'll start by saying that i've never blogged before and would prefer to stay anonymous as I think a lot of people who blog are just attention seeking douches who want too whine on about there amazing lives. I'll say right now I don't live an out of this world lifestyle but some part of me feels like I should document my life just to see if other people are in the same boat as I am.

I'm 20 years old and from the UK, I dropped out of college at 17 as I wanted to start earning a wage. This led me too start an apprenticeship in carpentry and joinery hoping that one day i could work for myself. I quickly realised that I enjoyed the joinery side of it but hated the people I had too work with as they were rude, arrogant, bullies and just the type of people I avoided in school. Once i'd finished my apprenticeship which was in April this year (2010) I began looking at new career paths as there was absolutely no work in the building game anymore. I applied for a graduate job (even though I had no A-levels and had never been to uni) but to my surprise i was accepted and was invited to an interview. At that point in time I was just exstatic to get an interview, the job description said 'Trainee Property Surveyor' so I did a bit of research on property surveying but failed to do any on the company who the job was with, big mistake. I'll just say now that it didn't work out and i was left out of pocket, my self esteem took a dip and physically exhausted but its far too much to write about in this post so that experience shall be my next installment.

I now work part time in a bar and restaurant for laughable wages and I really can not see a way out as I have no further education no prior work experience which would interest a good employer and no money to go back to college. I feel like even though i'm only 20 i've already made enough bad choices to screw up my future career prospects and overall happiness.

I want to know that i'm not the only person in this situation and also hear from people who thought the same but found away out, so please comment.

31 comments:

  1. Hey yo. First of all, sounds pretty shit about your current situation, but i'm pretty sure there is someone out there who can help you out, give you advices and such.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hear ya man. Can't even get to finish my Heavy Duty Mechanics apprenticeship because I'm out of work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good read, hope your day is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If i become a multi billionaire i'll be sure to send a mil your way =P

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way you're not alone, i dropped out of coillege twice, uni once, and school at 16, i've NEVER had a job for longer than a day. But i personally found sometihing to look forward to, im sorting it out so i can go study overseas.. new lifestyle, country, friends etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep your head up and look to the future. Me and you are not so different, my brother from across the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I look forward to hearing more from your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice post dude i like it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent story man, loved it =]

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hear ya amigo, I'm 22, college-dropout and can't seem to find work. I'm miserable. I'm considering just bailing and joining the Navy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice to meet you, im from the UK also go us yaaay

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the blog man, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am a 23 year old college graduate and I CANT FIND WORK!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Interesting read :) i'm looking forward to your next post

    ReplyDelete
  15. i like stayin anonymous also, always peope tryin to hate. haters gonna hate

    ReplyDelete
  16. Interesting. keep it up mate

    ReplyDelete
  17. CCan you try going back to school? I quit college to start a business and i've been happily self employed ever since, but if you're not, then you need more education, i'm sorry to say...

    ReplyDelete
  18. you seem like a good bloke :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Blog away sir, it's good fun

    ReplyDelete
  20. my life aint that amazing...but it sure beats anything that aint north America

    ReplyDelete
  21. I feel the same way, though I'm still in school.

    ReplyDelete
  22. hey, this is one of my more favorite posts from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. My kind of blog right here. Also, the previous two comments are spam.

    Let me know if you'd like to make it into my blog roll, I'd be glad to add you.

    ReplyDelete